Thursday, April 10, 2008

Where life takes you....

When you are 18 years old and beginning your senior year of high school where did you think you would be in 1 year, 3 years or even 5 years after graduation?

When my senior year started the farthest thing from my mind was marriage and kids. I thought about it but was not something that I would have done soon after finishing high school. My plans at that time were possibly going into the Army to help pay for nursing school or just going to a school that had a nursing program. Boy how do plans change!

Let rewind for a minute shall we, let’s go back to the beginning of March 2003. I was working at Wendy’s, where I had been for almost 2 years at this point and getting ready to find a better job. I had been interviewing around nothing too appealing to me. One day I started my shift when one of the shift supervisors pulled me to the front counter and told me to look in the lobby. So I go with her and ask “so what?” she nods her head in the direction of our store manager and this guy sitting at the table doing and interview and she ask “you still want to leave?” I look at her and say “YEAH” like I ever had any chance with that guy he looked older then me and what would someone in there 20s want to have anything to do with an 18 year old girl that is still in high school? Well that guy sitting at the table got hired. So about a month goes on and we hadn’t started working yet since I was on the night crew and he was still training on days. So he gets to the night shift and I think it was the first night that we worked together. He comes to break down my till and drop box. He bends down and smells my hands and tells me “your hands smell good.” I am thinking to myself “what a freak, he smelling my hands….is he hitting on me? Well that is not a good pick up line in my book” I say “oh thanks….” What are you supposed to say to that? It wasn’t like I asked him “I just go this new lotion, do you think it smells ok?” we start working more together and I really start liking him. We set up a couple times to start seeing each other outside of work, we started spending everyday together, either working or just hanging out. So this has been going on for about 3 weeks and everyone kept asking me if this was my new boyfriend and I would say “I don’t know…” on April 14, 2003 I get the courage to ask him “what are we, I mean are you my boyfriend or what?” he asks “are you asking me to be your boyfriend?” I say “well I guess I am.”

So now lets go to April 2008 we have now been together for 5 years and he is my husband, my best friend and the father of my children. We have spent just about every day for the last 5 years together. That is a whole lot of days but I wouldn’t change them for anything.

So back to my original question I never thought 1 year after graduation I would be planning my up coming wedding, 3 years giving birth to my first daughter Melanie, 5 years owning a house and having my second little girl Allison.


Some pictures of us over the years
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is so cute!!! I love the story how you met and how much has happened to the 2 of you in the past 5 years. So sweet :-)

Lisa