Saturday, August 8, 2009

A day for 2 Anniversaries


5 years ago today 2 young people stood in front of family and friends and where these words where vowed

Melissa: I never thought that I would find someone like you

Vince: but now that I have you I couldn't imagine my life without in it

Melissa: I look forward to waking up each morning with you next me

Vince: and falling asleep with you in my arms

Melissa: Ever since I met you, I have learned what love really is

Vince: my love, I can't wait to see where you will take me, and who you will become

Melissa: I love the way that you look at me from across the room, when you think that I don't know

Vince: I love how you kiss me when you are asleep

Melissa: I love how you hold me so tight, making sure that I am there

Vince: I promise to stand by you when things are rough

Melissa: I promise to always be the same person that you wanted to marry from the start

Vince: I promise to always put you first

Melissa: I promise to always talk with you about everything

Vince: I promise to tell you that I am sorry, hold your hand when we are walking, and hug you when you are crying

Melissa: I promise that my love for you will never change and that it will only grow stronger as the days pass

Vince: I promise to love and honor you

Melissa: to be faithful and true

Vince: I promise to never go to bed mad

Melissa: I promise to always let you know how much I care

Vince: I promise to care for you when you are sick

Melissa: I vow to be yours until the end of time

Vince has been there with me through thick and thin. We have been through so much in the 5 years that we have been married, I know that many people say that but we have. We have brought 2 beautiful little girls into the world; he has been there with me during all but 1 of my chemo treatments. We have had our ups and downs for sure.

Photobucket


Today also represents the day that we found out that I had cancer. 1 year ago today we thought that we had almost made it through the day and going to make it through the weekend… no news is good news right… and were getting ready to make plans for the weekend and our anniversary, Vince went to lay down for a nap since the few days prior had been very crazy with 2 trips to the OR in less than 24 hours, and just as he did Dr. B called and said that they had the results of the biopsy and it is Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. We ended up spending the day telling our families that I had cancer. I know that for me when I telling my family and friends I couldn’t say “I have cancer” only “I have Hodgkin’s lymphoma” if you don’t use the word cancer it doesn’t exist right? I meant to recap the last year but there are 90 posts on my blog it could truly take awhile and pull important information but it is 1:30 in the morning and I think that I am going to get to bed now.

I want to say thank you to everyone that has kept up on my blog, have really help us out meals and prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so touching....God Bless you and your family. You have been through a lot of trials in your life and you are so lucky to have a good husband and kids to take away that pain and they are always there to cheer you up. Even during your treatment, you still managed to give your best smile to all your relatives and friends around you. You you are so brave. Take care and happy anniversary.

Gumby / Mommy Zebra said...

I love this post..very heartfelt Melissa. While of course I dont remember the day you and Vince were married I do remember the day last year I recieved the text from your mom about your diagnosis, prayers have been flooded your way ever since. Your family is such a huge support for you, its awe inspiring to see the way they rally around you and make sure everything is going to be ok. Plain and simple you rock,.. you have been so strong through all of this....your girls are BEAUTIFUL and thriving and you continue to smile and fight through everything that has been delt your way without batting an eye.
Happy Anniversary to you and Vince (a day late!!) I hope you guys have a chance to have a wonderful night out on the town..or at the Mariners game or something FUN!!!

~Nicole ~Austins Mommy