Friday, April 16, 2010

"I want to see you back in 1 week......"


Baby Sophie 27 weeks 5 days!

Well I saw Dr. C (PCP) on Wednesday 4/14. Sophie is growing big! Everything looks good. Vince brought up a wedding that I am supposed to be in in May. Dr. C says that Vince makes a good point that it is a long ways away and things can change really fast.

The following day Thursday 4/15 I had my ultrasound on the baby and my cervix. Sophie is measuring to the day on track 27 weeks 5 days and weighs about 2lbs 11oz. she is head down with her bottom on the left side of my belly and her feet towards the left. After checking out Sophie it was time to check my cervix. I had a feeling that something was going on because the tech kept re-measuring and re-measuring it. Finally she was done she went and gave everything to the ultrasound dr to review. She was gone for sometime so than I really knew something was going on. We met with Dr. R (high risk OB) and said baby size is good but they were concerned because my cervix made a drastic change it went from 3.25 to 2.23 (I believe those are the correct numbers) since they made such a change she wanted to check and make sure that I wasn't dilating. Good news is that it hasn't started yet. She says that I am not on bed rest YET but that could change by the next time that I see you. I go back to her in about 1 week to get checked again. I am not allowed to lift the girls and I need to take it easier at work or the best that I can.

We also talked about how Vince and I have been trying to decide what hospital we will be going to when the time comes. She stated that I would call Dr. C (PCP) since he is still my primary doctor. If he feels that he isn't he can always send us to Swedish. That was really great to hear since I was really struggling with this.

As for the wedding in May that I am in it really doesn’t look like it is a good idea to go. None of my doctors think it is a good idea and Vince doesn’t think we should risk it. It would be different if the wedding was local but it is in Portland.

Upcoming appointments:
4/27 @ 130 Tuesday - Ultrasound and Dr. R (High risk ob)
4/28 @ 3:45 Wednesday – Dr. C (PCP)
5/10 @ 3:15 Monday – PFT
6/7 @ 2 Monday – Dr. M (oncologist)

No comments: