Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sophie Suzanne

6.6.10
Photobucket

Sophie arrived on June 4th at 4:34pm she weighed 5 pounds 7 ounces. That morning about 7:30 am I was laying in bed with the girls trying to decide what to do with the girls that morning. It was the first day that I had kept them home and we were going to see what some of our friends were up to and see if they wanted to come over and play, when I realized that something was going on and so I jumped out of bed when I realized that it was mostlikly my water breaking. I told the girls to go in and back their suitcases because they were going to grandma and grandpas because baby Sophie was coming, they were so excited! I texted Vince to tell him to call me I remembered that he said that he had a very busy day at work and I didn't want to interrupt him and I wanted to get in the shower before Vince and Dr. C (PCP) called back.... I know it was not the plan.... luckily Vince hadn't made it to work yet when he got my text and he turned around and came home to get us. About 35 mins later we headed to the hospital. We had to make one stop our way to my parents... I needed my coffee I knew once we got there I wouldn't be allowed anymore food. We got to the hospital and they confirmed that my water broke and called Dr. C at that point I was 4 cm dilated. They started my cortisone and antibiotics. At 1230 I was still only 4 cm I got my epidural. At about 3:45pm (I think) I was starting to have a lot of pain in my left hip. The nurse called the Dr. C and he came in and checked me and it was time to have a baby! this delivery was very different from my other deliveries this time due to my lungs there was to be limited pushing when the high risk doctors told me that I thought they were crazy, but the delivery went smooth like they wanted. We let my body do most of the work. I did 2 pushes and her head was out and then 2 more and the rest of her was out.

When Sophie was born they needed to look her over more closely, since she was so early. She was stable so I got to hold her for a moment before they took her away to the nursery.

She was 5 pound 7 ounces and was 19 inches long
6.4.10

She had to spend almost a week in the special care nursery since she was born at 34 weeks 6 days.

Here are some pictures.
June 4th - later in the evening after Vince went to get dinner
Photobucket
Daddy holding Sophie for the first time.

June 5th - the girls meet their sister for the first time. They were only allowed to look and not touch they didn't understand why she had to stay and why she couldn't come home.
6.5.10

6.5.10

6.5.10

June 6 - She was put under the lovely blue lights to help with her jaundice levels. She did have one other visitor, Grandpa H. came to see her and the nurses let him hold her. I need to see if Vince has the picture on his phone.
6.6.10

6.6.10

6.6.10

June 8 - she was able to come out of the lights and be held by some visitors.
Photobucket Grandma

Photobucket Auntie Elisabeth

Photobucket Uncle Nick

June 9 - she needed to be able to sit in her car seat for an hour to make sure that the car seat would be safe for her and she passed!
6.9.10

June 10 - Vince called the hospital early in the morning to check in and they said that she could go home! We got the girls ready and all headed to the hospital. They were so excited to go and get her! When we pulled into the parking lot Allison yelled "MOMMY we're happy!" and I asked "why?" and both girls said "because we get to get Sophie!" it was so cute! One of those moments that you wish you had a video camera.
6.10.10 Can you tell that they are excited?

6.10.10 They both wanted to help daddy carry her out to the car.

6.10.10 All loaded in the car!

6.10.10 WE'RE HOME!

6.10.10

6.10.10

6.10.10

6.10.10

No comments: