Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's a.....

Update from 1.18.10 - PFT, CT and Dr. C (pulmonologist)
PFT - showed slight improvement but they are saying it is stable

CT - the CT was pretty interesting this time since I am pregnant they had to do a shielded CT. So I needed to lie on 2 shields and then they put 2 over my stomach. The CT its self showed no change not for the bad and not for the good but Stable.

Dr. C - We are going to try an inhaler and some nasal spray for some congestion. I am to call at the end of the week.

15 weeks
15 week cartoon

Update from 1.19.10 Dr. G (High Risk OB) and Ultrasound

Ultrasound Update - well we were able to see what we are having and it’s a GIRL! Everything looks good.
Here is a picture of our little girl
Photobucket

Dr. G (high risk OB)
*Dr. G went over my Ultrasound and they have discovered that there is a blood clot behind my placenta. They are not worried since I am not having any cramping or bleeding. One thing that we know is that it was not there last month. They are going to monitor it and look at in a month. My cervix still looks good and they will be checking it again at my next ultrasound.

*Because I am on Prednisone I am at higher risk of Gestational Diabetes. So on Thursday when I see Dr. C (PCP) I have to have my test done. We will repeat the test again at 26-29 weeks when the test is normally preformed.

*Due the Prednisone and when and if I can get off it I may require a high dose of steroids. Steroids sometimes cause your adrenal glands to atrophy. Meaning that the glands may not produce enough stress hormones which can cause other issues.

*We also asked Dr. G (PCP) if he would be there during delivery and he said that if he is working or the on call dr. then he would deliver. If we have a planned induction or C-section that we could arrange it, but depending on who is on call that is who delivers. This is something that is different from Dr. C (PCP). We are still going to see both doctors.

*normally Dr. G (high risk OB) recommends that you try and see all the doctors in the office to get comfortable with them but since I am so complex he wants me to try and see him every time. Not that I am complaining since that just means less doctors that I have to meet.

*My next appointment with Dr. G (high risk OB) and for my ultrasound is on Feb 19 at 2pm.

So we have a name for our little girl. Her name will be Sophie Suzanne. We like the name Sophie and Suzanne is after Andi who passed away in July from lung cancer.
Well I think that is all for tonight.

Tomorrow I see the dentist to get a cavity filled and then I see Dr. C (PCP) on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for baby girls!!! Man Tyler is going to be the odd one out for a long time!

Melissa said...

yes he will be. poor boy lots of girls to pick on him