Thursday, January 28, 2010

3 hour glucose

Week 16
Week 16 cartoon
I had my 3 hour glucose test done today. Not fun I tell you! Originally my appointment was scheduled for 130pm. we ate dinner last night at 630pm. I had to fast for 10 hours for this test which meant that I needed to have last eaten at 3am.... nope not waking up, thought about it but rather sleep. by 830am this morning I had a headache and needed coffee so I called to see if they could get me in earlier luckily they still had a morning appointment, if they hadn’t been able to get me in earlier then I would have gone almost 24 hours without eating, so not fair when you are pregnant! We started the test at about 930am this morning and got done about 1245pm.
Glucose
This is the best stuff on earth..... NOT!!!

I have never had to do the 3 hour test before so I had no idea what was involved. You go in and get a blood draw, than you drink this yummy orange drink, than 1 hour later you have another draw, 1 hour after that another and 1 hour after that you get the last draw. this wouldn’t be so bad if I had enough veins for them to draw from my left arm is not allow to have pokes or blood pressures done. My 2 good veins on my right arm got 2 pokes each.

Hopefully we will know tomorrow if I passed or failed it.

1 comment:

Gumby / Mommy Zebra said...

Well lets hope you Passed with Flying colors of Orange!!!

Take Care!

Nicole