While doing the YMCA LiveStrong program I met a great group of amazing women and 1 gentleman. When the group first started I felt a bit out of place, I was the youngest in the group. I kept reminding myself that if R (the only man in the class) could make it every day, then I could make it too. Towards the end of the group I did miss a lot of class due to being tired and queasy.
During the program my lung started to experience issues again. So I was really only able to do weight training but not so much the Cardio training such as running on a treadmill and the stair stepper. I think what I find the hardest to deal with is now my body has limitations that it used to not. I used to run distance and could run about 5 miles a day, now many times I think that I may not ever be able to run like I used to.
It amazes me to see how the human body can heal but doesn’t heal totally and you are to just adjust to your new abilities.
I thought that some might find this article interesting. (You will need to copy and past the link into your browser.)
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100117/NEWS01/701179891/0/NEWS0403
One thing that this article doesn’t really talk about is the trainers that we had. If we didn’t have the trainers that we did I don’t think that we would have all finished the program. Every step of the way they were encouraging us and only pushing us to what our bodies can do. They showed compassion and got to know everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment