Monday, July 13, 2009

Given 2 more pills...

We went and saw Dr. M today and I was given 2 more pills take. I don’t see Dr. M again for another 4 weeks. He is very pleased with how I am doing. Here hoping it continues! I have been feeling great and feel that I can do a lot more than before.

New Meds:
Acyclovir 800mg - 2 times a day until I am off the Prednisone - because of the Prednisone I am at high risk for get shingles.. not something that I want!
Triamterene - 1 time a day for a couple of days and if I don't start to see my weight dropping then I am to go to 2 times a day - not sure what the mg are on this one. - This one is a diuretic to help with the water that I am retaining

Other Meds that I am on:
Trimeth/Sulfa - 3 times weekly- every other day until I am off the Prednisone - this is a preventive measure since Prednisone makes you prone to more infections
Doxycycline 100mg - 1time everyday for 10 days for acne
Prednisone 55mg - 1 time a day
Omeprazole 20mg - 1 time a day
Clindamycin face cream- 3 times daily

Side effects: all the side effects that I am having are side effects from the Prednisone
Heartburn
Weight gain (water retention)
Acne

DazzleJunction.com

1 comment:

Missy said...

My dad had shingles for a year!!! You definitely don't want to get them!!! I can't remember...did you do the varicella for the girls?