Friday, March 20, 2009

3 more to go!

Dr. T and I both agreed that we will continue with the treatment plan and go until Tuesday instead of stopping today. He says that my lung is sounding better and is clearing up. We are starting to lessen the amount of steroids that I am taking, since you can't just stop you have to wean off of them. I gained back 1 pound.

So I am going to walk everyone through my radiation process and as I promised I got some pictures.

I enter and I change in to a gown and wait in the lobby until they call the phone and announce over head to come on back. I go back and lay on this blue pillow looking thing that has been formed to my body to help and make sure that I am in the same position every time. I lay down and they adjust and move me until I am just right.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The whole process takes all of about 5-10 mins depending on how long it takes to position me. Then I am done. On Dr. days I go back and wait in the lobby until the nurse comes and gets me and that is it. Not too much to it.

I am feeling much better today. I am still having some coughing episodes at night, so last night I tried to sleep some what elevated since when I lay flat that seems to be where it starts to act up. Was able to eat dinner again with the family and that was nice.

Melanie last night when I got home was watching Ariel’s beginning so I went in to lay down with her and watch it. she asked me "mommy are you still sick?" I said "I am getting better" and she thinks for a second "someday you will be better and not sick anymore" it is so hard to have to explain this to her but I think she is starting to get it that I wont be sick forever.

2 comments:

Sterling and Cori Anne said...

Melanie sounds like such a thoughtful little girl. And very cute! I hope you are doing okay Melissa. It's nice seeing how the treatments work. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you sure have had a rough week or so but glad to hear things are geting better! I like the sneek peak at treatment. Take Care, Melanies right you will not be sick soon.


Nicole (Austins Mom)