So I met with Dr. M yesterday (my oncologist) he was able to put our minds at ease about some of the long term side effects that I face, mainly the cardiac issues. He said that unless I was trying for the Olympics I may not even know that they radiation will cause some scar tissue to build up but the only time that I would really feel it is if I was training really hard. He and his Nurse J. were also able to help with a couple of questions that I had regarding breastfeeding if we were to go on to have another baby since Dr. T really didn’t have answer. Nurse J. has a friend that is a radiation nurse and so she called her to ask what outcomes they have had with other patients and they said that it will be unlikely that I will be able to breastfeed on my left side but I could still on my right, great just what I want to be uneven again! Well I do have some time to think about that though. Who know maybe I will be different and wont have any issues.
I get to schedule a time to have my port removed!! I can’t wait!! My next appointment with Dr. M is on April 6th so I am going to try and get in that same day to have it removed!!
I will be scheduled for another PET scan in about 2 months. At my next appointment we will get it scheduled.
So on to the radiation part:
so I started part 2 yesterday where instead of focusing the radiation on just about my whole left side it will be more narrowed down to just the mass, a small part of my heart and part of my throat.
Side effects that I am having so far
Pain in my throat and lower esophagus
A dry cough, when I cough there seems to be a taste of blood but I haven’t noticed that here have been any so far.
My skin I a couple of spots feel tender but have not turned red or showed signs of irritation.
Well I think that is it for now. I meet with Dr. T today after radiation (see him every Tuesday)
1 comment:
Sounds like things are going pretty darn well. Im glad that your side effects so far have been very slight, but that bloood taste must be annoying! Keep up that positive attitude!
Nicole (Austins Mom)
Post a Comment