Tuesday, August 19, 2008

UPDATED - Light the Night Walk for Melissa! - LETS MAKE THIS BIG!!!!



I apologize for not getting the plans to you sooner. This walk seems a little unorganized and I have not really been up to date on the overall plan.
What needs to be done by each person that plans to walk:
Go onto the website and register
http://register.lightthenight.org/LTNRegistration/app
You will need to choose – Join team
Search by team name – Seattle Children’s (be sure to hit the search button)
Click on – Join

You can enter that you are walking in honor of Melissa Powell

I wanted to try and plan a potluck gathering before the walk at the 5:00 registration, did not have a lot of people respond to this so I don’t think we will. If you would like to help by bringing water and drinks for those walking that would be great. We will meet by Evan’s pool/Playground around 5:00-5:30 and get registered. You will need to register at the official registration locations.
After you register watch for an email from the walk officials on further instructions.

Information I recently received -

Hello Seattle Walkers,
As we near the date of the walk...Saturday September 20, 2008 there are some things you should know:

1- You can turn in money anytime by dropping it to the office during business hours, M-F 9-5pm or you can mail it to the office 530 Dexter Ave N, Ste 300 Seattle, WA 98109. Please put your name on the memo line so we can make sure to credit your fundraising efforts.

2- Festivities begin at 5:30pm on Sept 20th, including registration. Please make sure to bring your envelope that was inside your walker manual. Please fill it out, put the money inside & seal it. This will make your registration process a little smoother. Just a reminder that all FUNDRAISING participants will receive an illuminated balloon and that we encourage each participant to fundraise to the minimum of $50.00.

3- The Remembrance Ceremony is at 6:00pm & the walk starts at 7:00pm

4- There are shuttles from the Park and Ride on NE 65th under the freeway, the Bathhouse Theater & Aqua Theater parking lots, please use them as the Green Lake Park parking lot is open to the public at all times & parking in there can get sticky. We cannot save any parking spaces, sorry.

5- Keep fundraising, money can be turned in until October to be accredited towards your incentive prizes. Remember all the funds raised go toward our mission: to cure blood cancers & improve the quality of life of our patients & their families

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to walk for Melissa, as well as my fiance. Carol Petersen & Gene Erken

Unknown said...

I will walk for Melissa and I like the balloon idea.

Michile Smith said...

Stephanie Michile Bobby And Derrick will walk for Melissa.
Or i can sit with Ally and Melissa
can use my wheelchair. We also like the balloon idea.

Michile

Anonymous said...

Count Austin, Josh and I in! It would be an Honor to walk for her!!
Violet Shoelaces? Hair ties/ribbons?

nicole

Anonymous said...

We are already registered with the Children's team and are walking for Melissa. We hope it is okay that we used the "I Wear Violet for Melissa" image on our fundraising page???

What about including buttons? (Lapel buttons)You can customize them, perhaps with the image you made? Found some on www.buttonworks.biz and www.cafepress.com, for example. Probably local places to order them too. Also like the balloons and hair ribbon ideas.

We would be more than willing to chip in some $ for whatever you decide.

Matthew Willis & Family

Anonymous said...

Count 3 of us in!! There will be 2 of us plus our dog walking for Melissa! Jessica, Eric and Ainsley

Anonymous said...

Count us in! I love the balloon idea too. Mark & Michael Mendelow

Anonymous said...

My husband Tai and I are definitely doing the walk!

Anonymous said...

My husband Tai and I are definitely doing the walk!

Anonymous said...

I would be honored to walk for Melissa. I'm rallying the Craniofacial/Plastics team as well. I'll let you know the # of people walking, soon.
I think balloons would be great! They're very visible-we want the world to know that Melissa is loved!
Sherilyn

Anonymous said...

I would love to walk for Melissa along with Julia and my husband :) Let me know if you are going to do signs. My family owns a digital copy center and I could get them to make some for us.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Dave, Daniel & I will be there. >^..^< Aunt Margaret

Anonymous said...

Craig and I will be there to walk for Mellisa. Love, Aunt Barbara

Anonymous said...

Count me in, I would be honored to walk for Melissa.
Aunt Lundee

Reece said...

Count Kendra and I in for the walk Please.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everyone who has already signed up for the walk! The morning greeter at Giraffe has sign-up sheets, so please stop by and register, it only takes a minute. The committee for the Walk would prefer we not use balloons, but has encouraged us to have buttons made--they can hand them out with the t-shirts the morning of the walk. Let's make it a really, really, BIG group supporting Melissa...Ruth

Anonymous said...

I WILL WALK FOR MELISSA AND I ALSO LIKE THE BALLOON IDEA I ALSO THINK THAT EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR T-SHIRTS THAT SAY I WEAR VIOLET FOR MELISSA!!!!

Erik wont be able to do it because he will be at the academy or else he would do it aswell!

I LOVE YOU MELISSA AND I WILL ALWAYS BE BY YOUR SIDE!!!!!!

Love always
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Ruth called from the airport and thought of maybe doing armbands or wristbands.

Deci said...

Deci, Rhianne and Ayden will be there!

Heather said...

I will walk for you Melissa.

Unknown said...

I would like to walk for Melissa.
--Nicole S.

Anonymous said...

If I can walk around Chicago and New York for fun, I most certainly can walk around Greenlake for a granddaughter I love very much.
Love ya
Gramma

Anonymous said...

we would love to join in the walk for Melissa will check in at work for details how about violet ribbens to wear? Cary & Mary

Anonymous said...

Walking for Melissa will be an honor. Happy Birthday!! Aunt Marian

Anonymous said...

Barb Faires (fey) would love to be a part of the walk for Melissa!
PS. If I could get a spouncer sheet in advance, I could get my fellow associates to pledge, and Home Depot will match....if that is an option?