Monday, June 8, 2009

Bronchial scope on Wednesday!!

We met with a pulmonologist today to go over the repeat CT that I had on Friday and to go over the next steps. He said that whatever is in my lung is getting worse from the CT that I had in May. They DO NOT feel that it is another form of cancer, they think it is an infection but they don't know what kind. They have me scheduled for a bronchial scope on Wednesday and they will be taking a biopsy and a swab and we should have the results of the biopsy in 72 hours. They said that I should be fine to go to work on Thursday. Wednesday I don’t check in until 10. Man I cannot wait until this is all over!

Ok now I need to go and visit with the husband and kids!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Melissa,

I have your blog bookmarked after reading your post on the HL message board. I have 2a bulky HL NS and just finished my second ABVD treatment this past Friday, June 5.

This doesn't sound quite right, but.. I am SO glad to hear that your lung issue is probably just an infection. Since my diagnosis, I am trying to ward off the anxiousness about physical things, though it is unbelievably hard. In any case, remember that by probabilities, your HL is most likely going to be officially 'cured' from the first line treatment... and if it were one of the rare cases that wasn't, well, people STILL have a good cure rate with SCTs and go on to live good long lives.

Wishing you the best,
Jessica (fleurdelys7 on the HL board)