Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Doctor updates....

From Monday:
Dr. M wanted to wait until him and Dr. C talked before they do anything with the prednisone. My weight went up again… I am down to 2-3 pairs of work pants and my maternity pjs are getting to small and they were from the end of my pregnancy with Melanie!…. Dr. M said no more ice cream… :( and to eat things that have no calories. I said "at the beginning you said to eat as much ice cream as I could" he said "you had a free pass than" I started to take the stairs as much as I can.

From today - Wednesday:
We just got home from the doctors. All test results are negative! Dr C. said there is definitely signs of damage to the lung which is to be excepted from the radiation. So we will see... just waiting and hoping that it will start to clear up and I can breathe!

The next steps are:
up my prednisone from 35mg to 50mg just until Sunday. On Sunday go drop down to 30 mg – they feel that maybe 35mg may not be enough to help with the pneumonitis.

I have to call tomorrow and get an appointment for another CT

Start Levaquin (antibiotics) 500mg per day for 5 days – since the last few days when I cough I can get some yucky stuff up so they are prescribing it as a precaution

Start Hycodan syrup as needed for cough

Vince and I both brought in our wedding bands to have some work done on them, his needed to be rhodium plated since it had been 5 years, and mine had some lose stones and they rhodium plated my also, they look so pretty and new again! Well it is getting late and I am watching the game with Vince. Good night all! Don't forget to watch the video

1 comment:

Missy said...

YAY on the negative!!! I sure hope you're able to clear it up with the new antibiotics!

That video is priceless!!! That's how Sam dances too...I just love it!!!