Monday, June 1, 2009

Get to meet another doctor....

Sorry for the delay in my post.

On May 18th Vince and I went to Swedish to review my CT scans with Dr. M. the scans were good. the mass continues to shrink which is great. my Pneumonitis however is not getting better. at this appointment we discussed if we can't get my prednisone weaned down than I would need to go and see a lung specialist. we upped my prednisone to 30 mg and to call if it gets worse but if it gets better to lower it 5 mg in 1 week.

on May 25 my breathing started to get worse which is supposed to be the day that I lowered it 5 mgs to 25 mg, I called Dr. M and talked to Nurse J and the conclusion was to up my prednisone 5 mg to 35 mg a day.

on June 1 I went in to see Dr. M for a 2 week follow up for my Pneumonitis, we talked about my breathing issues and how 35 mg of the prednisone is not helping there has been no change in my breathing since upping it. we look at my CT and it shows some "fuzzy" stuff that you would see if it was Pneumonitis or if it was an infections.

what are the next steps??

Meet Dr. C at 9th and minor who is a pulmonologist and get a Bronchoscope to have a biopsy and lung swab done to be sure that whatever is in my lung is not an infection or something else.

I got a call from Dr. C office they also want me to have a PFT (pulmonary function test) done since the last one that I did was before I started chemo. I have not gotten anything scheduled yet as to playing phone tag with this new Dr. office.

well Vince needs to use the computer I will post when I have more information.

No comments: