Thursday, June 4, 2009
When will the "normal" begin?
I hit me today that life just can never be easy. It may never be easy again. I will always be worrying about the "C" word forever! Sitting in my office today I looked up and saw my pictures of my baby girls and it hit me that we are doing round 3 of biopsies. Not fair! The first biopsy was right after Vince and I got married, went in for a physical to make sure all was ok to start trying for a baby and found a lump in my breast, had a biopsy and showed nothing. Then the second was the lump in my armpit and this time we were not so lucky it was Hodgkin's. Now for the third a biopsy of my lung. This is just not fair! I am too young to have to think and go through this! I am sick of thinking and worrying about every little pain and cough might be the cancer coming back or spreading. I want to live my life with no care in the world and be able to make plans and have more babies and not worry that I may leave them before they get married and have kids of their own. I just don't understand what God's plan for this is! It just isn't fair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wish I could fix it for you, thought when you all were little that I would be able to protect you from all the bad things in life, how wrong was I, you especially have been dealt the most, I think because you really are the strongest and inspire the rest of us. You will be there for your kids when they marry because you are strong and will kick the butt of anything trying to get in your way! I do feel your pain and worry your worries, there is nothing harder as a mom than to know you cant fix everything, might know everything (or your kids believe you do) but cant fix everything.
mom
Pick yourself up and walk on girl. This is just another bump in the road. Nothing ever stays wrong for long..
I know I said it on FB and I will say it again. Give your worrying to God. Let him deal with it. You carry on with life and raising your babies. I promise this is not a "plan" God decided for you. There is no plan to give someone something bad.
I know my "story" below is NOTHING like what you are going through and it seems so very trivial but when Camden was going to have surgery at 6 months for tubes (easy, rutein surgery i know)I was worried sick. Floyd and I knew NOTHING about his birthparents as far as health concerns with anesthia and such. It was so worrysome for me and I am a worrier. But one Sunday while sitting in church listening to a sermon given about "giving your worries to God" got me thinking..and I decided then I needed to just give those worries to God and let him HELP ME get through this....he did.
I know how scary Cancer is. I know b/c I am watching my father in law who I am so so so close to battle it, he too has given his worries and doubts to God. He still has cancer, he was told a year ago when put on hospice he has maybe, if lucky another 6 months. It has been a year. Eight years ago, when dx he was given a year at best. We are looking at 8yrs now...God is awesome, modern medicine is awesome, western medicine is awesome.
Just pass the worries on. Live your life and let God lead you as best he can.
Post a Comment